Continuing on the Versatile Vanilla Voyage….
Today’s Vanilla post features a dessert recipe… There are many Vanilla dessert recipes that come to mind.
Custards…Cake…Cookies…Ice Cream… The list is long…
I was inspired by a new kitchen gadget that my Mom recently gave me. We went to visit her and she pulled it out…laughing…because she had meant to give it to me as one of my Christmas gifts…
What was it? None other than a Xpress Redi Set Go*… I was inspired by one of the recipes that came with this gadget for a “Cookizza”. I adapted it and below is my take on the “Cookizza” to feature Vanilla. (there is a bonus recipe below for those that do not have this appliance).
Thanks for the cool gift Mom!
*Please Note: this is not a product endorsement or recommendation…
Gypsy World Spice Cafe Recipe – Very Vanilla Shortcakes
Servings: 8 (makes 2 shortcakes, each serves 4)
6 tablespoons lite butter, softened
1/3 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1-1/3 cup Baking Mix (I used Bisquick)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Vanilla Powder
- Spray appliance with cooking spray and pre-heat using manufacturer instructions.
- Mix together all the ingredients with a spatula.
- Spread 1/2 mixture into base.
- Close and bake for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for remaining batter.
- Cut each shortcake into 4 wedges.
- Top with Vanilla Ice Cream, Caramel Sauce and Sprinkles.
I served it up with Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce. You can top with whatever you like. Whipped Cream and Berries with Vanilla Sugar would be really good too…
Since some people may not have this nifty appliance, we used the other half of the recipe to make Dessert Pancakes… See the the bonus recipe and pictures below… The topping options are endless…
I will be making peach cobbler soon and plan to use this as the topping and bake it. Another fun option would be to use the batter to make mini-muffins. This recipe is not only Very Vanilla … it is Very Versatile…
Gypsy World Spice Cafe – Bonus Recipe – Very Vanilla Dessert Pancakes
Servings: 10 Dessert Pancakes (1 pancake per person)
One Batch Very Vanilla Shortcake Batter
- Heat griddle and spray with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Drop batter onto griddle by tablespoon.
- Cook like you would pancakes.
- Top with your favorite dessert toppings.