It has happened to all of us. Your child comes home from school with a note that says that you need to send in some baked goods for the next day. You think about what to make …and start searching your pantry to see what you have to work with…
After all, who wants to run out to the grocery store? ….Especially after a busy day!
With all the Fall Parties at school this time a year, I developed the recipe just in case this happens… My son and I were brainstorming some ideas. They love helping with this blog project. (Probably because they like eating the goodies..LOL) Anyway, he asked if I could make a make a cookie that was crispy and chewy at the same time… In my pantry I had a box of purchased cookie mix…. We were good to go…. The recipe we created resulted in mini-cupcakes that had a cookie top and a cupcake bottom. He loved them and took them for snack every day last week.
Gypsy World Spice Cafe Recipe – Festive Fall Mini Cookie Cupcakes
Yields: About 24 Mini Cookie Cupcakes
1 box Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
1 large Egg
1 stick Butter, softened
2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
3 teaspoons Cinnamon, divided
2 tablespoons Water
1/2 container Chocolate Fudge Frosting
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
Festive Fall Sprinkles (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a mini muffin pan with liners.
- Open the cookie mix up and set aside (or toss) the spice packet that came with the cookie mix.
- In a large bowl, mix the cookie mix, egg, butter, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon , cocoa powder and water until well blended.
- Fill muffin liners about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done. They will be dimpled on top.
- Let the mini cupcakes cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, use a spatula to scoop out 1/2 container of pre-made chocolate fudge frosting into a small bowl.
- Stir in vanilla and remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- When cookie cupcakes are cool, top with frosting and sprinkles.