Do you have a picky eater? I do and my picky eater loves beef.
It was a chilly day and I decided to develop a new slow cooker beef recipe using coffee and pumpkin.
Dedicated to my special “Picky Eater” who made my day when he told me that this was “sooooooo good” and even tried “white mashed potatoes” for the first time and loved them!
Slow Cooker Espresso Beef
with Pumpkin Brown Gravy
1 medium Onion, sliced thinly
2.5 lbs. Boneless Half-Eye Round Roast
1 teaspoon dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Sumac (optional)
2 Bay Leaves
1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
1 teaspoon ground Sage
1 tablespoon Espresso Powder
Salt & Pepper
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. Line the bottom with your onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder, sumac and oregano. Place in slow cooker. Add the bay leaves.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, espresso powder and ground sage.
- Cover the beef with the pumpkin mixture.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Add a green vegetable or salad.
Serve with mashed potatoes (try adding 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg to them)
If you prefer a thinner gravy, add 1/2 cup beef stock or white wine to the slow cooker when you add the pumpkin mixture.