This “not diet friendly” dessert recipe was actually inspired by one of my favorite low calorie desserts/snacks….
It is all about balance. So, go ahead and have a treat once in a while. Be sure to counter the calorie intake with exercise and be mindful of portions.
Definitely worth the extra workout…
Cinnamon Cappuccino Cannoli Dip
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Ricotta Cheese (I used part-skim)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Espresso Powder
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 cup Confectioners Sugar
3/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, and espresso powder until creamy.
- Gradually add the sugars and mix until well blended.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate overnight (or at least 4-6 hours).
- When ready to serve, transfer to a decorative bowl.
- Serve with chocolate graham crackers, vanilla wafer or strawberries.
- This was a big hit!
- We think that Polish Chrusciki would have been really good because they have a flavor/texture reminiscent of cannoli shells. Next time….
- My “diet” version is 1/2 cup fat free ricotta, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, pinch of cinnamon, 1 packet of Splenda. Mix well with a spoon. Sprinkle with 6 mini chocolate chips. Yum! 🙂