More with mustard…..
As promised here is another recipe featuring the spice Mustard.
Below is a simple appetizer recipe that is very versatile. It is great for dipping pretzels and also pairs well with warm gooey brie. I just may have to see how it tastes with my morning waffle (perhaps with Nutella… hmmm).
Definitely one for your entertaining repertoire….
Gypsy World Spice Cafe Recipe – Spiced Raspberry Dip
1 jar Raspberry Fruit Spread (10 oz.)
1 teaspoon Dried Mustard
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pinch coarsely ground Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Flour
1 teaspoon Water
- Combine flour and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to the raspberry mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve Spiced Raspberry Dip with Pretzels
Alternate Serving Suggestion
- Remove top of Brie.
- Warm Brie for 30-45 Seconds in the Microwave.
- Top with Spiced Raspberry Dip.
- Serve with Pretzels, Crostini or Crackers.