Lately, like many, our family has been involved in Spring Sports. So, I have been pulling out the slow cooker a little more…
The slow cooker is definitely a “must have” appliance for your kitchen….especially if you are a working Mom like me.
Most slow cooker recipes are easy and it is a great feeling to come home and dinner is done . I like to take advantage of the slow cooker doing all the work. So, I double the recipe… then freeze half for another meal.
Below is a recipe for a simple slow cooker chicken dish which highlight the spice Paprika. It is flavorful and I usually serve it with rice or pasta and a vegetable. For my family of 4, it is enough for two dinners.
Gypsy World Spice Cafe Recipe – Slow Cooker Paprika Chicken with Mushrooms
4 lbs boneless, skinless Chicken Breast halves
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1/4 teaspoon Sweet Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Hot Paprika
10-3/4 oz. can Fat-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
10-3/4 oz. can Fat-Free Cream of Chicken Soup
1/3 cup White Wine (or chicken stock)
8 oz. sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
grated Parmesan Cheese
salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the lemon juice, sweet paprika, hot paprika, salt & pepper (to taste).
- Add the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup and white wine.
- Stir to combine.
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and pour the soup mixture over the chicken. Use a spatula to toss the chicken in the soup mixture.
- Top with the mushrooms and parmesan cheese.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve with rice or pasta and a veggie.
If you love artichokes and spinach together, add a can of artichokes, drained/rinsed/quartered along with one 10 oz. package of chopped spinach (thawed out).