Why not spice up your Christmas breakfast with cardamom?
Every year my family looks forward to Christmas waffles. I have tried several recipes over the years (some more complicated than others). On holiday mornings, simple recipes packed with flavor are my ticket to getting breakfast on the table with no stress.
So, for this recipe, I decided to adapt a classic waffle recipe using Bisquick.
We did a “test run” this past weekend…
Cardamom is known as being the “queen of spices”. These Cardamom Waffles are now going to rule our Christmas breakfast every year…
We found that if you put 1/2 cup of the waffle batter onto the center of a belgium waffle maker, the waffles look like snowflakes.
Have a great holiday! Enjoy!
Makes 5 Belgium Waffles
2 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
1-1/3 cups Milk
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 tablespoon Cardamom
- Heat your waffle iron according to your manufacturer instructions.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spray your waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Place 1/2 cup of waffle batter onto the center of the waffle iron.
- Close waffle iron and steam according to your manufacturer instructions.
- Repeat with remaining batter.