This week, I have been posting the recipes from our Cilantro themed Sunday dinner.
Below is the recipe for the dessert from our family meal…
Yes…I found a way to make a dessert using Cilantro and it was amazing.
Even the picky eater in my family loved it. That alone says it all!
I hope that this Cilantro series opens your taste buds and imagination so that you too can come up with some creative ways to cook with Cilantro. It is more than “just for salsa”…
Gypsy World Spice Cafe Recipe – Coconut Cilantro Cupcakes with Lime Buttercream Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Add cake mix, milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix on low for 30 seconds.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes.
- Fold in coconut and cilantro.
- Fill each cupcake liner halfway.
- Bake for 20 minutes (or until cake tester comes out clean).
- Remove from baking pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Frost with Lime Buttercream Frosting (see recipe listed below).
- Top with coconut or candies.
Gypsy World Spice Cafe Recipe – Lime Buttercream Frosting
1-3/4 cups Confectioners Sugar
1/4 cup Butter, softened
Zest of 1 Lime, finely chopped
Juice from 1 Lime
1-2 tablespoons Milk (as needed)
- In a medium bowl, combine confectioners sugar, butter, milk, lime zest and juice with a mixer.
- Beat for 1-2 minutes until very creamy.
- Add milk a tablespoon at a time to get the consistency you like.