This weekend, my 8-year-old son and I made these cupcakes together. The interesting ingredients resulted in probably the best cupcakes we’ve made. Yum!
Amazing Marble Cupcakes
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
8 oz. Pepsi
4 oz. Maraschino Cherry Juice
1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground Cardamom
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cupcake pans with liners and set aside.
- Add cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, Pepsi, maraschino cherry juice, cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl.
- Beat on low for 30 seconds then beat on med-high for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour 1/3 of cake batter to a small mixing bowl. Add the cocoa powder and mix well with a rubber spatula.
- Divide the non-chocolate cake batter evenly between the 24 cupcake liners.
- Divide and dollop the chocolate batter evenly between the 24 cupcake liners.
- Using the dull end of a wooden skewer, marble the batter.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes.
- Cool completely then frost with your favorite buttercream frosting and top with a maraschino cherry.