Garlic… You either live it or you hate it…..
I love it!
This recipe uses an entire bulb of garlic!
While it slow cooks, the garlic gets soft and mushy. The flavor mellows…resulting in an almost sweet flavor.
Slow Cooked 20 Clove Garlic Chicken with Lemon & Olives
1 Garlic Bulb
1 cup White Wine
1 cup Chicken Broth
4 lbs. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, frozen
7 oz. jar Green Olives, drainers
2 Lemons, thinly sliced
1 Shallot, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon dried Thyme
Salt, Pepper & Hot Paprika (to taste)
- Separate cloves of garlic. Peel & smash with the back of your knife. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together wine, broth, thyme, salt, pepper and hot paprika. Set aside.
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- Pour broth/wine mixture over chicken.
- Add olives and garlic. Top with sliced lemons and shallots.
- Season top of lemons and shallots with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with rice or buttered noodles.